Monday, June 15, 2015

Flying Things

Saturday I went to Mattoon to run errands. I actually intended to have my oil changed at Midas, but they were closed by the time I got there. So I hit Wal-Mart and started my drive home. 
On the way I saw this airplane...
...pulling this glider. So I pulled off to the side of the road to get these shots. If you click on the pictures, they will enlarge. You can see how the planes are connected. 

Sunday I took Findley with me to The Rez. 
We were off to take a walk, but when I drove over to the north side of the water, I saw Goldfinches.

So, of course, I had to try for better pics. And then...
 ...I saw this Red-headed Woodpecker hanging off a pole. 
 And hanging off a tree.
 And another tree.
He seemed to be as fascinated with me as I was with him. I followed him and then he followed me. 

After The Rez, Findley and I went for a walk at Lincoln Log Cabin Historical Site. More to follow...


No comments:

Post a Comment