Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Dog, A Duck, A Ball, and a Barrel

Last evening Findley and I took a walk over to The Rez. I planned to listen to an audio book and take a picture or two if I saw anything interesting.
This is Findley about to make a run for the water, but I reeled him in just in time! 

We started walking across the damn when Findley and I were both startled by a duck flapping its wings. The evening sun was reflecting off the water so I couldn't see to get a good shot. We walked on across the dam to a shady spot and I was able to capture a few pics. The ducks were clear across on the mucky side of the damn.
 Blue-winged Teal and babies.
I wish I could have gotten a few closer shots, but these turned out great for as far away as these critters were.
I saw something out in the middle, which I thought looked like a dead fish, so I zoomed in and took a picture. Turns out to be an old rusty barrel floating quietly along. Not sure how that happened, but I'm assuming it was originally a trash barrel some hooligan decided should be in the water.
There was a lost ball sitting in the edge of the water. 

Bet you thought you would escape....
...nope! The geese were out and about, too. 

I hope you know that if you click on the pictures they enlarge. This shot was taken from the opposite side of The Rez and you can see the water dribbling from this goose's mouth. Awesome camera!

Needless to say, not much audio book listening was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment