Friday, July 17, 2015

4H and a Juvenile

Heat index is predicted to be 114° today. No walking to work for me! I enjoy my morning walks to the office, but not at the expense of arriving a sweaty mess. I've been listening to an audio book At the Water's Edge by Sarah Gruen. By the time it is finished, it will have provided 9 hours of listening pleasure. I'm enjoying the story. She also wrote Water for Elephants which was made into a movie starring Reese Witherspoon.
On the way to The Rez, there is a large grassy area owned by the village.  Ealier this spring, a garden appeared on the western most side. I wondered who had been allowed to plant a garden on village property. This sign solved the mystery.
They've even put up scarecrows. Cute!
This little guy was up in the tippy top of a very tall tree, hanging out on a dead limb. He is a juvenile Redheaded Woodpecker. 
Must be the son/daughter of Woody that keeps taunting me with photo ops but rarely allows an actual photo. Here he is lounging on the volley ball net.

It's Friday! Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment